Defeat at Old Trafford (4-1)

Real Betis lost against Manchester United in the first leg of the Europa League last 16

Real Betis travelled to Old Trafford to face Manchester United in the first leg of the last 16 of the UEFA Europa League. The first half was open and even. The home side took the early lead but the Green and Whites managed to tie the score. However, the second half was completely different and the English team was superior.

The game started with Manchester United taking the lead after just six minutes. Rashford took advantage of a loose ball and put it into the back of the net. The English had a couple mor chances after, but Betis' defence blocked them.

But the Green and Whites slowly balanced the possession, and started attacking more. They finally got their reward after half an hour, with Ayoze's first goal as a Betis player. Betis then continued looking for more goals, and got really close to score again before half time, but the ball hit the post.

The game changed completely in the early stages of the second period. In five minutes, the hosting side scored two goals that threw Real Betis completely off the game. First Antony and then Fernandes in a corner kick.

From that moment, Betis struggled to get back in the game. In the final minutes, Weghorst score to close the score. Now the round looks very difficult for Real Betis, who will need a really big performance in the second leg to turn it around.

Manchester United: De Gea, Dalot (Wan-Bissaka 46'), Varane, Martínez, Shaw (Malacia 65'), Casemiro, Fred (McTominay 82'), Fernandes, Antony (Pellistri 82'), Rashford (Sancho 65'), Weghorst.
Goals: Rashford (6'), Antony (52'), Fernandes (58'), Weghorst (82').
Booked: Weghorst, Fernandes.

Real Betis Balompié: Bravo, Sabaly, Pezzella, Luis Felipe, Abner, Guido Rodríguez (Guardado 65'), William Carvalho, Luis Henrique (Aitor Ruibal 59'), Juanmi (William José 80'), Joaquín (Canales 59'), Ayoze (Borja Iglesias 65').
Goals: Ayoze (32').

Referee: Daniel Siebert (Germany).