MATCH REPORT | Another opportunity lost (0-0)

Real Betis drew against CD Leganés in a bad match

Real Betis Balompié only got a point against CD Leganés in a poor match. The Green and Whites completed a terrible first half but improved in the second. The team had a couple a good chances but did not put on a good performance. Another week in which important points escape.

The game began with the home side displaying intensity and a high pressure on Betis. The team struggled to pass the midfield line in possession of the ball. Step by step, the team managed to hold on to the ball for longer but did not seem comfortable on the pitch. The home side were intense but were not displaying good football either. The first chance of the game came after half an hour with a shot from Braithwaite that went over the bar. Then, almost at the end of the first period, Recio produced a bad a finish that Robles saved.

The second half went underway with two changes in Betis. Barragán and Loren came on for Emerson and Guido Rodríguez. The team seemed to improve and set foot are on the opposite box more in the first five minutes than in the whole first half. However, the first chances were for Leganés, but none of them were on goal.

The best so far for Betis came through Canales, who produced a decent effort that Soriano deflected in a great intervention. Even better, a few minutes later, was the one for Aleñá, who received a great pass from Canales but was denied by the keeper.

Minutes started to run out and with them the chances to get something positive out of the match. To make matters worse, Borja Iglesias was sent off in the added time for a pushing a rival.

CD Leganés: Juan Soriano, Aitor Ruibal, Siovas, Awaziem, Bustinza, Silva, Rubén Pérez, Recio (Assalé 82'), Kevin (Óscar Rodríguez 55'), Eraso (Bryan Gil 55'), Braithwaite.
Booked: Braithwaite (66'), Pérez (74'), Ruibal (86'), Gil (86').

Real Betis Balompié: Joel Robles, Emerson (Barragán 46'), Mandi, Bartra, Álex Moreno, Guido Rodríguez (Loren 46'), William, Canales, Aleñá, Joaquín (Tello 73'), Borja Iglesias.
Booked: Emerson (25'), Guido Rodríguez (36'), Carvalho (76').
Sent off: Iglesias (92').

Referee: Xavier Estrada Fernández.