MATCH REPORT | Insufficient point (2-2)

Real Betis came back but Granada tied in the injury time

Real Betis Balompié let the three points escape tonight from Villamarín. In another disappointing performance, the team managed to come back a first half goal from the visitors with two goals in the last five minutes. However, Granada tied in the injury time.

After the derby last week, LaLiga was back to Villamarín. An empty one this time. To try to get the win, Rubi selected a line-up with only four players repeating after last Thursday: Robles, Emerson, Canales and Fekir.

Just after the kick off, Betis got to the ball and tried to build from the back. The possession was almost entirely for the Green and Whites for the first minutes. However, the first chance was for Granada, with a good shot from long range by Vico that Robles deflected wide. Betis replied with several approaches from the wings that ended in corner-kicks, but could not finish any.

Edgar almost gave Betis the lead with a header to which Silva responded with a good save. But it was the visitors who took the lead. Deadly counterattack after a mistake in a pass and Fernández put the ball past Robles. Betis tried to react and attack more. Joaquín made a good personal play that Silva aborted in the last moment.

One minute before half time, Loren tried from distance, but the keeper blocked it. Joaquín also looked for it, sending the ball over the bar. The best in the entire first half came in the added time, when Fekir produced a sensational shot that found also a phenomenal save by Rui Silva.

No changes at half time and the second half went underway. Slow start of the second half, with Betis trying and Granada waiting in defence. Pedraza had the first with a shot that the keeper blocked.

With Betis in total control of the ball, the game went on. However, the team had a lot of trouble to create danger. Aleñá first and then Canales tried from the edge of the box, both missing the target by not much.

Five minutes before the end, Borja Iglesias was brought down inside the area in a clear penalty. Canales took the responsibility and did not miss the chance. Things got even better two minutes later when Tello scored. The winger shot from distance and the ball passed among a lot of players without a deflection and went to the back of the net.

It seemed like a late comeback but Soldado tied the game again in the injury time in a very poorly defended play. A late disappointment.


Real Betis Balompié: Joel Robles, Emerson (Barragán 81'), Mandi, Feddal, Pedraza, Edgar (Lainez 71'), Guardado (Aleñá 61'), Canales, Joaquín (Tello 61'), Fekir, Loren (Iglesias 71').
Goals: Canales (85'), Tello (85').
Edgar (22'), Pedraza (64').

Granada CF: Rui Silva, Foulquier, Vallejo, Germán (Duarte 58'), Neva, Azeez, Eteki, Puertas, Vico (Martínez 73'), Machís (Díaz 58'), Fernández (Soldado 73').
Goals: Fernández (29'), Soldado (91').
Vallejo (40'), Germán (52'), Foulquier (66'), Silva (93').

Referee: César Soto Grado.