MATCH REPORT | Defeat against Getafe CF (3-0)

The team was clearly inferior to the rival

Real Betis Balompié was badly defeated by Getafe CF in their visit to Coliseum Alfonso Pérez. The Green and Whites where clearly inferior to their opponent, especially in the first half, when the three goals arrived. Ángel netted a brace and Cucurella scored the other.


The game started with high pace and intensity, but also full of mistakes on both sides. However, before the first fifteen minutes, Getafe took the lead through Ángel. The goal was initially disallowed for offside, but the VAR corrected the decision.

Betis did not react after the goal. They wanted to but the rivals displayed more tension in every play. In fact, two steals of the locals in Betis' half of the pitch ended in two goals. First Cucurella and then Ángel for the second time. The two only chances for Betis in the first half came in the final minutes. Bartra tried from distance and Canales with a free kick, both deflected by Soria.

The second half began with one change, and quite an attacking one, with Iglesias coming on for Guido. The team tried then to move the ball faster, but was unable to break the defensive lines of the rival. Getafe felt comfortable with the pace the game had now, just administrating the difference in the score.

Seven minutes before the end, Mandi was shown two yellow cards in two consecutive fouls, one minute apart. Nothing else happened and Betis got a quite painful defeat.

Getafe CF: Soria, Danián Suárez (Cabaco 73'), Djené, Etxeita, Olivera, Maksimovic, Arambarri (Palaversa 86'), Nyom (Portillo 86'), Cucurella, Ángel (Timor 73'), Hernández (Mata 60').
Goals: Ángel (14', 42'), Cucurella (38').
Booked: Suárez (22'), Olivera (36'), Arambarri (66'), Cabaco (85').


Real Betis Balompié: Joel Robles, Bartra, Mandi, Sidnei, Álex Moreno, Guido Rodríguez (Borja Iglesias 46'), William Carvalho (Paul 59'), Canales, Fekir (Tello 71'), Juanmi (Aitor Ruibal 59'), Sanabria (Loren 71').
Booked: Fekir (70'), Paul (77'), Mandi (82').
Sent off: Mandi (83').


Referee: Juan Martínez Munuera.