MATCH REPORT | The first one came (2-1)

Loren and Fekir scored the goals

Real Betis Balompié got tonight the first victory of the season against CD Leganés. The team was superior to their rival but saw how the visitors took the lead. However, the team reacted perfectly and came back with two goals in ten minutes. The team continued attacking and had chances to score more goals.

The first chance of the match was for Pedraza, who tried with a good effort that Cuéllar sent to corner kick. Leganés had started with a strong pressing on Betis' beginning of plays. Betis, on their part, tried to build up from defence, trying to move their opponents and open spaces. Step by step, the Green and Whites began to attack more frequently.

The next chance was for Loren with a shot from outside the box that went wide. Betis' control was evident at this point but they were lacking depth to break the deadlock. The best occasion so far was for Joaquín two minutes before half time with a free kick that hit the post. One minute later, Mandi headed to the cross bar a corner kick.

The second half went underway without changes in any of the teams. The Green and Whites began with good pace and attacking but saw how the visitors took the lead. After a play with many rebounds inside the area, Braithwaite found the back of the net. However, Betis reacted perfectly and tied the game three minutes later. After a good combination on the right wing, Emerson delivered a low cross and Loren smashed the ball to the roof of the net.

Braithwaite had another chance soon afterwards but his header was deflected by Robles with a good save. The game began to open up and Betis seemed to want to attack more than their rivals. And the second goal came. Another great combination, on the left this time, and Canales produced a good cross that Fekir finished in the far post.

Leganés tried to attack more now, but their chances came basically in set pieces. Silva tried with a long-range effort that Robles deflected. The visitors intensified their pressing, but Betis kept attacking and had several chances to score another goal. Guardado tried with a strong shit that Cuéllar sent over. In the following play, Emerson made an overhead kick from outside the box that almost went in.

Arnáiz replied with a good shot to the top corner but Robles made a great save. A couple of minutes later, Silva tried with a free kick just outside the box that went over the bar. Exactly in the 90th minute, Iglesias almost scored, but his curled effort hit the inside of the post and went wide. Leganés pushed in the added time but Betis defended well and kept the points.


Real Betis Balompié: Joel Robles, Emerson, Mandi, Sidnei (Bartra 64'), Pedraza, William Carvalho, Guardado, Canales (Javi García 83'), Fekir, Joaquín (Borja Iglesias 71'), Loren.
Goals: Loren (53'), Fekir (61').
Booked: Mandi (49'), Canales (82'), Fekir (92'), Carvalho (95').

CD Leganés: Cuéllar, Navarro, Bustinza (Arnáiz 73'), Omeruo, Siovas, Silva, Roque Mesa (Merino 78'), Óscar (Aitor Ruibal 78'), Rubén Pérez, Braithwaite, En-Nesyri.
Goals: Braithwaite (50').
Booked: Mesa (19'), Silva (67').

Referee: Guillermo Cuadra Fernández.