MATCH REPORT | The lack of accuracy in both areas played a heavy part (3-2)

Lo Celso and Tello scored the goals

Real Betis Balompié lost the derby tonight. The team was superior to the rival in the first stage of the game, just until Sevilla FC scored. Then, the Green and Whites faded for some time and the home team took advantage. The team pushed again towards the end, scored, and looked for the tie, but it couldn't be.

The first approaches to the opposite box were for Betis through Jesé and Feddal but none of them were clear enough. The best so far (and probably in the game) came just after 15 minutes. Jesé made a run after a long pass and found Vaclik, who had come way out of this box. The striker dribbled the keeper and shot from 40 yards into and empty goal, but the shot was so soft that a defender got there in time and stopped the ball before it went in. Canales was completely alone on the other wing, and a pass would have been a much better option. Betis were attacking all the time at this point.

However, in the first try they had in attack, Sevilla took the lead when Munir headed in a cross from Sarabia. The home team got really close to scoring again, but Pau López made a phenomenal save to deny Ben Yedder. Sevilla were pressing really strong at this point, as Betis seemed groggy after the goal.

Betis could score in the first minute of the second half, but Lo Celso shot with little angle and hit the ball against the goalkeeper. In spite of that play, it seemed that the home side was still more focused and intense. But Betis were also trying, and Jesé had, again, a great chance after a pass from Canales. He found himself alone in front of Vaclik, but sent his effort straight into the Czech player.

Finally, Betis managed to score. After a good play, Junior got the ball in the left and delivered a low cross to the edge of the box. Lo Celso appeared there coming from behind and produced a good curled effort to the back of the net. However, the joy did not last long, as Sevilla got the lead just four minutes later when Sarabia tapped in a cross from the left. To make matters worse, the passivity of Betis' defence allowed Vázquez to score a goal from outside the box.

Jesé, who was not having a good night, again sent another shot into Vaclik's body. However, it seemed that this third goal had woken Betis up. Two minutes after coming on, Joaquín was fouled by Banega, who got a yellow card but it should have been a red. In that free kick, Joaquín almost scored but the keeper made a good save.

The next one was for Loren. He tried after a good run, but missed the target by a couple of inches. Sevilla were now under siege. Ten minutes before the end, Tello scored a superb free kick to the top left corner and cut the lead to just one goal.

Tense final minutes in which Betis did not stop attacking, but it couldn't be.

Sevilla FC: Vaclik, Navas, Mercado, Carriço, Escudero, Banega (Rog 74'), Roque Mesa, Vázquez (Vidal 69'), Sarabia, Munir (Promes 68'), Ben Yedder.
Goals: Munir (26'), Sarabia (58'), Vázquez (63').
Booked: Escudero (65'), Banega (69'), Navas (72'), Carriço (80'), Rog (94').

Real Betis Balompié: Pau López, Emerson (Joaquín 67'), Mandi, Feddal, Sidnei (Tello 76'), Junior, Carvalho, Guardado, Canales, Lo Celso y Jesé (Loren 74').
Goals: Lo Celso (54'), Tello (81').
Booked: Jesé (38'), Mandi (83'), Tello (91').

Referee: Alejandro José Hernández Hernández.