Lo Celso.

MATCH REPORT | One point salvaged, two points lost (3-3)

The team threw away a two-goal advantage

Crazy match tonight at Benito Villamarín between Real Betis Balompié and RC Celta de Vigo. The Green and Whites could not manage well a 2-0 lead after a really good first 60 minutes. However, Celta came back with three straight goals but Canales saved a point at the end with a great free-kick.

Not even four minutes after the start, the first chance arrived. Emre Mor got the ball and shot from just outside the box but missed the target. In spite of this occasion, Betis had started well, trying to get the ball and attack.

The first for the Green-and-Whites arrived soon, with a great cross from Carvalho that Canales tried to smash with an overhead kick, but the ball went inches wide. Back and forth in the initial stage, with another chance for Mor that Pau blocked and another one for Canales, who could not tap in a rebound after a shot from Lo Celso.

Betis tried to push and had a few chances in a row. Lo Celso looked for it with a good effort to the far post that Sergio deflected to corner kick. As minutes went by, Betis started to have more control and plays near Celta´s box. The away team manged to score, but the goal was disallowed for offside. The referee checked with the VAR, that confirmed the assistant's decision.

In the following play, Betis took the lead. Pau started the play with a great long pass towards Francis. The full back passed it to Lo Celso, who produced a magical backheel assist. Loren waited for the keeper to come out and chipped the ball over him. Three minutes later, Canales almost double the difference, but his shot found the post.

Real Betis kept trying in the final minutes but did not score. The first occasion of the second period was for Celta. Aspas gave a great pass to Mor, but Pau López saved with a great intervention. It seemed that the visitors had come on with a more offensive edge.

Loren almost made his second with a shot from midfield seeing Sergio our of place, but he missed by a whisker. Junior actually got it soon later. After a play by Guardado, the rebound fell for the young player, who put the ball past the keeper. Betis was being fairly better, but Celta cut the lead six minutes later. Maxi Gómez won the near post and produced a good header.

After the goal, a fight happened in the side line, and the fitness coaches of both teams were sent off. The game began to have a lot of interruptions and Betis lost control. Brais Méndez took advantage and tied the game up. In the celebrations, Celta manager, Antonio Mohamed, was sent off for protesting.

Betis tried to find the way again, trying to attack more. However, Celta scored their third. Maxi Gómez tapped a cross from Hjulsager in. But the game was not finished and Canales levelled the score again with a great free-kick. One minute later, Aspas hit the crossbar with another free-kick.

Real Betis Balompié: Pau López, Francis (Joaquín 79'), Mandi, Bartra, Sidnei (Tello 84'), Junior, Carvalho, Guardado, Lo Celso, Canales, Loren (Sanabria 79').
Goals: Loren (32'), Junior (56'), Canales (86').
Booked: Joaquín (off the pitch, 64'), Canales (67'), Mandi (78').

Real Club Celta de Vigo: Sergio, Hugo Mallo, Roncaglia, Cabral, Juncà, Beltrán, Okay, Brais Méndez (Araújo 89'), Emre Mor (Maxi Gómez 60'), Iago Aspas, Boufal (Hjulsager 46').
Goals: Maxi Gómez (62', 84'), Brais M´nedez (69').
Booked: Okay (82'):
Sent off: Antonio Mohamed (manager, 70').

Referee: Xavier Estrada Fernández.